Qlines are always busy, but you're next!
And for regular old mail:
Chris & Rosie
|EMAIL CHRIS HERE||EMAIL ROSIE HERE|
|Boy we sure are lucky! We get to have a ball every day laughing, telling funny stories, talking to the greatest group of people on earth, our Q102 listeners, and we actually get paid for it!!! When I say that we have the best listeners ever here at Q102, I mean it! I’ve had the chance to work in a lot of places, but here in what we call Shenandoah Country, folks welcome you no
matter who you are, and extend such wonderful, honest friendship. You all have become a real part of my “family”, and that’s for real. It’s awful hard to roll out of bed every day and have fun, unless there’s someone like you to share the morning with! So thanks for getting us started while we help get you started!!
Chris is test-driving the all new Cadillac ATS Check this baby out:
Q102 supports Celebrating Patsy Cline!
It's celebrating our Heritage in the valley, and your family's name can be placed right in front of her Historic House!
Let thousands of yearly visitors see your family's pride!
Click HERE to find out how!!
It's never a bad time to start losing weight!!
Chris lost 70lbs!!
ASK the Experts!
Just click HERE to submit a question!
Wednesdays at 8:10 on Q102
Help us feed the HUNGRY living here in Shenandaoh Country.
Lord Fairfax Area Food Bank
1802 Roberts Street
Winchester, VA 22604
Click HERE for their website!
In need of HELP yourself?
Here's help ranging from coupons to help save a buck to where to go to get free medical attention!
FIVE SURPRISING HEALTH BENEFITS OF COLD WEATHER(Huffington Post):
1) Cold weather burns calories. You may have heard of "brown fat," a type of fat found naturally in parts of the body that, when triggered, can burn off other "white" fat. In a 2012 study, researchers found that cold weather seemed to set the brown fat into motion, and that simply being cold could cause significant calorie burn. (Exercise may have a similar effect, as demonstrated in a study from around the same time, the New York Times reported.) Experts caution that the obesity epidemic is not likely to be solved by the creation of a brown-fat triggering pill. But at least the idea might offer a little comfort when you find yourself chilled to the bone.
2) Cold weather brings us closer. It can be tempting to spend the coldest mornings safely tucked under the covers; it's only natural to want to avoid the most brutal temps. But during periods of such weather-induced isolation, we tend to reach out to contact our closest friends and family on the phone, and end up chatting with them for longer than usual, according to a 2012 study.
3) Cold weather is less hospitable for disease-carrying bugs. During the summer of 2012 -- when West Nile cases were climbing -- much was made of the milder 2011-2012 winter and its effect on the disease-spreading mosquito population.The pests thrive in milder climates, meaning they were able to survive -- and breed -- all winter, just waiting to feast come spring. Freezing or below-freezing temps might kill off some skeeters (and ticks), thereby protecting you from the illnesses they are known to spread.
4) Cold weather brings greater appreciation of brighter days. Week after week of balmy weather sounds pretty lovely right about now, but there's evidence to suggest that it doesn't necessarily make you happy. In fact, some research suggests that if the weather never changes, you start taking that sunshine for granted. Shivering through the cold makes those warm spring days seem even better when they finally come along, according to Psychology Today.
5) Cold weather can reduce inflammation. There's a reason putting ice on an injury works. That drop in temperature reduces inflammation in, say, a sprained ankle or stubbed toe. But the theory works on a much grander scale, too -- cold temperatures can reduce inflammation and pain all over.
6) Cold weather may boost your body image. While we certainly don't advise going all-out on the wintertime comfort foods, we do appreciate the escape from the pressure to get a "bikini body." It's a great time to focus on fitness -- hello, New Year's resolutions -- without the pressure to do so for your looks alone.