Qlines are always busy, but you're next!
And for regular old mail:
Chris & Rosie
|EMAIL CHRIS HERE||EMAIL ROSIE HERE|
|Boy we sure are lucky! We get to have a ball every day laughing, telling funny stories, talking to the greatest group of people on earth, our Q102 listeners, and we actually get paid for it!!! When I say that we have the best listeners ever here at Q102, I mean it! I’ve had the chance to work in a lot of places, but here in what we call Shenandoah Country, folks welcome you no
matter who you are, and extend such wonderful, honest friendship. You all have become a real part of my “family”, and that’s for real. It’s awful hard to roll out of bed every day and have fun, unless there’s someone like you to share the morning with! So thanks for getting us started while we help get you started!!
Chris is test-driving the all new Cadillac ATS Check this baby out:
Q102 supports Celebrating Patsy Cline!
It's celebrating our Heritage in the valley, and your family's name can be placed right in front of her Historic House!
Let thousands of yearly visitors see your family's pride!
Click HERE to find out how!!
It's never a bad time to start losing weight!!
Chris lost 70lbs!!
ASK the Experts!
Just click HERE to submit a question!
Wednesdays at 8:10 on Q102
Help us feed the HUNGRY living here in Shenandaoh Country.
Lord Fairfax Area Food Bank
1802 Roberts Street
Winchester, VA 22604
Click HERE for their website!
In need of HELP yourself?
Here's help ranging from coupons to help save a buck to where to go to get free medical attention!
8 FACTS ABOUT YOUR SENSE OF TASTE~
1) Do you HATE stinky cheeses? You might be what's called a "tolerant taster"...you actually have fewer tastes buds. Tolerant tasters are usually not picky, unless they also happen to have an excellent sense of smell. Then strongly scented foods like blue cheese are out of balance: The taste doesn't match up with the smell, which leads to dislike.
2) Would your dream meal be french fries and ice cream? You might be a survivor of multiple ear infections, which can damage the "taste nerves." Instead of experiencing sensations like bitterness and fattiness in balance, you may perceive a more pronounced fatty sensation, making rich foods extra tempting.
3) Does dark chocolate remind you of coal? You could have damage to your trigeminal "touch nerve," which often happens during mouth surgery. In this case, foods that are both fatty and bitter - like chocolate - can come across as simply very bitter.
4) Would you rather eat soap than cilantro? Just like color blindness, you can also be "smell blind" to various scents, which drastically affects taste. Cilantro has a very complex aroma, but cilantro haters are smell blind and just perceive soap. No wonder it tastes disgusting!
5) Are you a salt-aholic? There's a chance your mother experienced severe morning sickness while you were in utero. Because those babies were dehydrated in the womb, they seem to enjoy salt more than other newborns - and the preference can stick with them for life.
6) Do you gladly eat your carrots and kale? Your mom probably did too. In a study, toddlers whose mothers had abstained from all forms of carrots during pregnancy were ambivalent about carrot-flavored cereal. But toddlers whose mothers had consumed lots of carrot juice immediately accepted the carrot cereal. It's assumed that the principles hold for foods like kale too.
7) Do you recoil from black coffee or broccoli? Hello, supertaster! You could be part of the 25 percent or so of the population who perceive the basic taste sensations of bitter, salt, sweet, and sour more powerfully than other people. For supertasters, bitter foods like black coffee and some vegetables come across as especially pungent and unsavory.
8) Does spicy salsa set off fire alarms in your mouth? If you have more taste buds, as supertasters do, you also have more sensitive fibers, which relay the sensation of spiciness (that is, pain!).